Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Short Horror Story- The Shadows In The Office

Hi,

Let me share to you my scary story which unravelled during my first job. I was an employee in a big and well-known company. It was a banking industry, so you can just imagine how prim and proper the people working here. I was so excited and enthusiastic when I got the job, little did I know, I was walking towards a nightmare. Blinded by the prestige and how conservative the company was, not a single doubt came into my mind.  

I met our manager who appeared to be so approachable, attentive and intellectual. I thought maybe she can be that someone I can look up to. I was so wrong, she basically the opposite what I have mentiond. She was the epitome of a horrible boss. I was becoming a workaholic employee, I arrived at work an hour before our clock in. I started working as soon as I arrive at the office and I pretty much end work late in the evening. I was feeling the burnout and all my hard work was never acknowledged by my boss. My existence did not matter to her as long as I do good in my job, I was like a living ghost to her. And if it is the other way around, I become her punching bag that she can pour her outbursts whenever, wherever. It was so suffocating to be in a hell hole like this. And in each passing day, it felt like I was building my very own noose which tightens the longer I stayed here. Ergo, me feeling like crap for the entire eight hours (to OT hours) of my daily life. My boss would also scream and yell at other staff too every time something would go wrong and I would hear the horrible words produced by her filthy mouth. So much for being prim and proper huh? 

I mentioned that I stayed late in order to finish my never ending paperworks. I was one of those people who render services beyond the time that I am being paid for and the people who stayed were mostly have the abilities to see beyond the naked eye can see. I  had been overhearing a lot of creepy stories from them every time I stay late. Chills came trickling down my spine when one said that she saw a beheaded bloody body in the washroom. One also confessed that she had been seeing a white lady that kept on lurking in the receptionist area. Some shared that on the opposite side where my workstation was where a vague dark shadow always appear and just simple hang out. Most of the time, the shadow settles catatonically in the cubicle of my manager. This explained the creepy ticking sounds of a keyboard I hear every time despite the fact that people had gone to their homes already. 

The day after I heard those stories, my manager was so burning in anger and frustration when I failed to comply with the tasks she was expecting me to finish. I was so overwhelmed, overloaded and sleep deprived, ergo my performance was decreasing, my drive was slowly dying and my patience was gradually fading. And so I confronted and informed her that I am decided to resign and leave the damn place. I did not even care if I was trashing my future for this abrupt decision. All that mattered to me was to be able to feel happy and be alive again. This place was strangling me to death and I was really choking inside. I packed and picked up my things, sweeping my workstation clean. When I was about to submit my resignation letter as I stepped closer to her cubicle, I saw with my very own eyes, the dark shadow was standing behind her. My boss was yelling at her phone, cursing and swearing. The entity behind her was awkwardly bent down, whispering something to her. Probably some kind of voodoo or evil chant which gave power to the outrage of my boss. Not only that, right in the corner beside her cubicle I saw the white lady just blankly staring at the uproar, the sight of her face was so clear and vivid to me. A demonic face enjoying and lusting for the dark and disturbing behavior of my boss. She noticed my presence and tilted her head towards my direction, smiling and smirking as she put her index finger on her lip, gesturing me to hush. 

Right there and then I realized that an entity has latched itself on her, feeding on her abusive and brutality making her the waking nightmare to everybody. All those yelling, nagging, scolding attracted a lot of negativity that invited unwanted inhabitants to our office. To my terror, I was so dumbfounded, a colleague caught my attention, I walked away, head to the elevator and left the building. I never bothered to turn my head around.          

No comments:

Post a Comment